Introduction to the Taxation of Securities
- Date: 23rd April 2013
Also available in-house
- Location: Central London
- Course Leader: Bill Mogford, Managing Director, Lanacre Management Services
This is a foundation course which provides you with:
- An overview of the UK tax system and how the various taxes interlink
- The basic principles of UK securities taxation
- Interactive learning – Worked examples to establish what can/can’t be taxed, rates of UK tax, double tax treaty relief & current individual and corporate tax rates. The course ends with the Bill Mogford Tax Quiz!
The course is designed to be very interactive, and focuses on the actual situations faced by those involved. Numbers will be limited to 20 per course, and attendees will be placed into work groups of 5 in order to work through practical examples. People will be encouraged to raise questions and problems, both before and during the course.
What does this course aim to achieve?
Due to the pressures of a busy environment, many people involved in the securities industry have learnt their job by role, without having training on the tax principles behind what they do. Indeed, you may consider that tax is not part of your job. However, it is also true that due to narrow trading margins, if errors are made in taxation this can change a trading profit into a huge loss. This module aims to equip participants with a clear understanding of the fundamental tax issues which underpin their function, and enable them to recognise situations that should be referred to the tax department.
This course will also provide a foundation for people without tax experience to learn the basics, before developing more specialised knowledge on UK or international tax/attending more advanced courses.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works in an area where tax is a consideration, including staff in corporate actions/income processing, settlements, stocklending or other departments involved in processing securities transactions. It is not intended for people in a trading environment since it will not be looking at how to identify tax efficient trades. This course does not assume any prior tax knowledge.
How do I secure my place?
Call us now on +44 (0)207 336 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your place.
Download the Introduction to the Taxation of Securities PDF Programme
- Michael Quinlan, Partner, Head of Stamp Tax Consultancy, Deloitte and his team.
- Bill Mogford, Managing Director, Lanacre Management Services
- Simon Leach, Director, PwC and his team.
- Andrew Wilson, Managing Director, QI Solution
- Osney Media now offers you the opportunity to have all of your staff trained at the same time with our in-house training courses. Whether you are looking to have established training courses brought in-house for your team, or would like us to create a bespoke training course for you, contact us today with your requirements. For more information dial +44 (0) 20 7336 4600 or email email@example.com
- Contact us
Companies who have benefited from previous Osney Media tax courses:
ABN AMRO Bank the Netherlands, ABN AMRO Bank UK, Alpha Bank, Amagerbanken A/S, Banco Bradesco Luxembourg S.A., Bank Leumi, Bank of England, Banque Degroof Luxembourg S.A., Banque LBLux S.A., Barclays, Barclays Capital, Barclays Wealth, BNP Paribas Luxembourg, BNP Paribas Securities Services, BNP Paribas UK, Brewin Dolphin, Carnegie Investment Bank AB, Corporation of Lloyds, Credit Suisse Private Banking Luxembourg, Daiwa Securities Trust & Banking, Danske Bank, Danske Bank International S.A., Deloitte Luxembourg, Deutsche Bank London, Dexia Banque Internationale Luxembourg, Dresdner Kleinwort, DZ BANK International S.A., EFG Eurobank Ergasias Bank S.A., Finansbanken A/S, Forstædernes Bank, Geniki Bank, Goldman Sachs International, Goodbody Stockbrokers, HSBC UK, HSBC Securities Services Luxembourg, HSH Nordbank Securities S.A., HVB, ING Bank the Netherlands, Investec Ireland, Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, JP Morgan Chase, KAS Bank N.V., Kaupthing Bank, Killik & Co., Marfin Egnatia Bank, Marfin Laiki Bank, Mellon Europe, Merrill Lynch, Millennium Bank, Mizuho International, Morgan Stanley, Nordea Bank Denmark A/S, Nordea Bank Finland, Nordnet Bank AB, Nykredit Bank A/S, OMX Securities, Paloma Securities London Limited, Piraeus Bank S.A. Greece, Rathbones, RBC Dexia Investor Services Luxembourg, Rensburg Sheppards, Ruffer Investment Management Limited, Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie. Luxembourg S.A., SEB, Société Générale, Swedbank Luxembourg S.A., Swedbank AB, TD Waterhouse Investor Services Europe…