Manufactured Overseas Dividends – A Foundation Course
- Date: 5th & 6th June 2013
- Venue: Central London
- Course Leaders: Peter Churchill, PwC and Eleanor Oswald, PwC
- £1,699.00/ + VAT per person
Aim of the course
To ensure that the delegates have a good working knowledge of:
i) The background to the rules, including relevant terminology
ii) Charging provisions & exemptions
iii) The mechanics of offsetting and matching
iv) Audit requirements
v) HMRC consultation into the Manufactured Overseas Dividends rules and potential changes to the regime
Delegates will not leave as experts, but they will have a very sound knowledge of all the fundamentals needed to deal with most situations, and the ability to file a correct SX1 based on common situations. We will also refer to the HM Revenue & Customs guidance notes – in order to familiarise delegates with how to use them and to help with any questions that they may have.
- This course has now run on 21 occasions and after the last course in October 100% of the attendees said that the event fulfilled their expectations
- The course is constantly reviewed, the feedback assessed, and the documentation and subject matter refined in order to continuously improve the course content and delivery
- The course leaders from PricewaterhouseCoopers are chosen as they are leaders in their field
- The course includes 26 different practical examples, from simple transactions to analysis of complex, multi-party deals
Presentation of the course will be in non-technical language. It will be based on a manual produced for delegates to help guide them through any transaction.
The delegates will be seated round-table style to promote interactive discussion and networking. The course numbers will be limited to 25.
There will be constant reviews throughout the course to ensure that each step has been absorbed before moving on, and the emphasis will be firmly placed on lots of practical examples with plenty of interactive discussion and analysis making the course interactive and fun.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand the fundamentals of Manufactured Overseas Dividends.
This will include people from: Stock Borrowing, Equity Finance, Equity Derivatives, Corporate Actions, Income Processing, Taxation, Compliance, Legal.